How to Make Money Online for Free as a Teenager?
Did you know that there are many ways for teens to make money without leaving their homes? Teenagers can find a lot of ways to make money on the internet. Even though you sometimes have to spend money to make money, there are ways for teens to make money online with no or very little cost.
Check out these twenty-four ways for teens to make money online if they want to start making money regularly.
How to Make Money Online for Free as a Teenager?
You can really make as much money as you want online. The more time and work teens put into making money online, the more money they will be able to make in the end.
Teens can also work more than one online job if they want to. This gives them more ways to make money and lets them make more money.
How Old Do Teens Have to Be to Start Making Money Online?
For most official online jobs, you need to be at least 18 years old. But teens don’t have to have a full-time or part-time online job to make money. Teenagers of any age can make money online in many different ways.
Just tell them to check the terms and conditions of any company they join to make sure they can start making money. Some may have a limit on how old you can be, so that’s something to look into.
Tips for Teenager Looking for Ways to Make Money Online
Before getting into making money online, teens should think about how to stay safe online, how to avoid scams, and a few other important things.
- Tell the parents what’s going on. For many ways to make money online, you will need help from an adult. Teens may need help from a parent to start an online business, and it’s good to keep them up to date on what’s going on.
- Look out for cons. There are many ways to make money online, but there are also a lot of scams. Remind kids to be wary of any opportunity that asks for money up front or seems too good to be true. Before taking a job, they should talk it over with a parent or trusted guardian.
- Be careful when you’re online. Most kids know not to give out personal information online, but they should also look into how to stay safe online as a business or entrepreneur. Set up a separate email account, stay away from malware, and only share information with people you trust when you have to.
- Use online jobs to prepare for their career. As they start looking for ways to make money online, think about how their idea can help them learn skills they’ll use in the future. Their online money project could be a great addition to their resume or help them get ahead in their careers.
- Set up PayPal or a bank account with parental help. They will need a place to get money and handle the money for their business. Parents could set up a PayPal account for easy payments (but since you have to be 18 to open a PayPal account, you’ll have to open and manage it for them). You could also help your child set up a bank account so they can start learning how to manage money.
- Think about any taxes you owe. Most teens haven’t paid taxes on their earnings yet, so it may come as a surprise to find out they have to, even if they are under 18. The IRS wants them to tell them how much money they made, so make sure they are ready for tax season and paying taxes as required.
5 Ways for Teens to Make Money Online
There are lots of great ways for teens of any age to make money online. Let’s look at some ways that teenagers can make money on their own right now.
1. Start a Vlog (Youtube)
Vlogs are very popular and could be a good way for teens to make some money. But it can take time to build up a following and start making money this way.
There are many platforms that can be used, but YouTube is one of the best ones for teens to use. It is easy to get started, and there are many great guides that go into detail.
Teenagers will only have to decide what they want to talk about on their vlogs and then start recording. Teenagers can make vlogs about almost anything, so make sure they pick something they’re really interested in.
YouTube stars can make a lot of money, but how much they make depends on how many people subscribe to their channel and like their videos.
2. Stream Video Games (Twitch, Youtube)
If your teen likes to play video games, they could start streaming and make money from their hobby. People can stream their gaming sessions to an audience on sites like Twitch and YouTube.
They will make more money the more people subscribe, follow, and interact with them. People can stream any game, and it’s possible to become well-known in the gaming world.
3. Offer Their Digital Skills as a Service (Fiverr, Upwork)
Your teen can make money online by offering their digital skills as a service. It could be that they are good at making websites or that they can write good copy for businesses.
Your teen might be able to make a good living with these skills, and once they have a good portfolio, they could switch to freelancing full-time.
People can do this on a lot of different sites, like Fiverr, Upwork. Before they join, make sure they read the terms and conditions of each platform.
4. Manage Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest)
Social media is a big part of how businesses connect with and market to their customers today. The problem is that keeping up with social media platforms takes a lot of time and work. Many businesses hire other companies to handle their social media needs.
Teens could make money by running social media accounts for local businesses. Look for social media management jobs that you can do on your own, or contact businesses to see if they need help with their platforms. This can be a good way to make money for people who know a lot about social media.
5. Become an Influencer (Instagram, Tik Tok)
Social media influencers can make a lot of money, and with the right skills, your teen could become one. To be considered an influencer, they will need to gain a lot of fans. This means putting up content that people love and want to follow.
Encourage your teen to think about what kind of influencer they want to be, like a beauty or travel influencer. Then, they can start working to get more people to follow them on their chosen platform.
Brands will pay to advertise their products once they have a following. How well-known they become will determine how much money teens can make from these ads.