Denver Events This Weekend: Unique Denver Weekend Activities in 2022!
Denver, have a great Halloweekend! Human and canine costume contests, raucous Halloween parties, haunted pub crawls, and zombie dance parties are all in order. In addition, on Sunday afternoon, there will be a Bloody Mary Festival, a Dia de los Muertos event, and a Boos & Brews run. Here are this weekend’s exciting Halloween events happening in and around Denver.
Cheesman Park Ghost Tour (Denver)
- October 26 – 31, various times
- Cheesman Park, 1599 E 8th Avenue, Denver
- Get your tickets here for $20–$25.
The Scoop: Learn about the haunting history of Denver’s earliest cemetery, located in this famous park. On this tour of Humboldt Island’s historic houses, you’ll hear tales of ghost sightings and fascinating insights into the island’s past.
Catbird & Chill Scary Movie Experience (Denver)
- Oct 26 – Oct 31
- Catbird Hotel, 3770 Walnut St., Denver
- Rates starting at $284!
The Scoop If you’re more of a homebody, you might want to consider spending the weekend at the Catbird Hotel and participating in the Catbird & Chill Scary Movie Experience. Massive glass surfaces can be used as screens for 4K Ultra HD projection of chilling films.
Each admission comes with two tickets to the 13th Floor Haunted House, candy popcorn, a scary movie menu, movie bingo, a pumpkin stuffed with sweets and delights, and credit to use at the Red Barber’s premium rooftop bar. Don’t pass up the chance to participate in this incredible event!
Haunted MJ Mansion Experience (Denver)
- October 26th-31st
- The MJ Mansion, 1244 Grant Street, Denver
- Tickets range in price from $30 to $45
The skinny: This century-old mansion is home to 13 haunted rooms spread across three floors. Take advantage of the self-guided tours and interactive artwork at this museum of history for an unforgettable experience.
Classic Horror Movie Night (Denver)
- Tuesday, October 26 at 7pm.
- Slashers, 5126 E. Colfax Ave., Denver
- Fee-nothing, over 21s only
The skinny: All week long, this dive bar that specialises in horror all year will be showing some of the best horror films of all time. On Wednesday, October 3, you may catch a screening of Alfred Hitchcock’s 1960 thriller Psycho. In the company of Slashers, you can have some eerie handmade drinks and check into the Bates Motel.
Magic Of The Jack O’Lanterns (Denver)
- The weekend of October 30 and 31
- Hudson Gardens, 6115 S. Santa Fe Dr., Littleton
- Tickets can be purchased here at a price between $16.99 and $29.99.
The Scoop: In Hudson Gardens, you may follow a path of hand-carved pumpkins that is illuminated by lanterns and is sure to be a magical experience. Fantastical landscapes and other mythological creatures are included in this year’s spectacular exhibits.
Fright Lights (Denver)
- October 17 – October 31, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Water World Park, 8801 N Pecos St., Federal Heights
- Tickets can be purchased here for $30.
The skinny: This one-mile-long drive-through light show is set to Halloween music and incorporates enormous pumpkin displays, graves, and frightening passageways.
Linger Eatuaries (Denver)
- Open from 5 to 9 p.m. on Sunday through Thursday and from 5 to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
- Linger Eatuaries, 2030 W 30th Avenue, Denver
The skinny: this former funeral home turned restaurant is just one more option to revel in Denver’s macabre past. The building’s history as the Olinger Mortuary is commemorated through touches like the host stand, which was crafted from recycled church pews, and the morbid vintage funeral ornaments. The body of Buffalo Bill, who died in 1917, was kept in this building for six months.
Graveyard Groove: Halloween Silent Disco (Denver)
- Scheduled for Sunday, October 28th, from 8:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.
- McGregor Square, 1901 Wazee St., Denver
- Prices range from $40 to $50; tickets
The skinny: Seven Milepost Zero Food Stalls and three live Ds will be on hand to provide refreshments at this year’s Silent Disco, which will be held in McGregor Square. Attend the Rally Hotel’s costume contest and you may win a free night’s stay.
Pitch Black: Dining In The Dark (Denver)
- From October 30 to November 6
- Roxy On Broadway, 554 S Broadway, Denver
- tickets – $85
Brief Overview: During this one-of-a-kind, multi-sensory meal, you will be completely immersed in darkness. While you eat the three-course dinner in complete darkness, your other senses—taste, smell, touch, and hearing—will be sharpened. Having the guts to give it a shot?
Santa Fe (Denver)
- Wednesday, October 30 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Art District on Santa Fe, 858 Santa Fe Drive, Denver
- Price: nothing
This is your last chance to visit the heart of Denver’s Art District before it closes for the year. Amazing art exhibits, tasty treats, unique stores, and more await you at this gallery hop.
The Bloody Mary Festival (Denver)
- Saturday, October 30 from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Reelworks Denver, 1399 35th St., Denver
- Ticket prices start at $49.50
Brief Description: Denver’s best Bloody Marys will be featured at the 6th annual Bloody Mary Festival. Come try some of the most unique and original drinks in Denver. Professional tasters will also be present to evaluate the best craft combinations. The festival this year will also serve as a costume party for Halloween (bonus points for Bloody Mary-themed attire).