What Happend in Geostorm Movie?
Directed, co-written, and produced by Dean Devlin is the 2017 American science fiction catastrophe film Geostorm (in his feature directorial debut). Gerard Butler, Jim Sturgess, Abbie Cornish, Ed Harris, and Andy Garcia are among the cast members. While trying to save the planet from an apocalyptic storm caused by defective climate-controlling satellites, it follows a satellite designer.
On October 20, 2014, filming began in New Orleans, Louisiana. Executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer, writer Laeta Kalogridis, and new director Danny Cannon reshot the film in December 2016 after it had bad test screenings. This is the first time that Skydance Media and Warner Bros. have worked together on a picture. On October 20, 2017, Warner Bros.
distributed the picture in the United States in 2D, Real D 3D, and IMAX 3D. Despite making $221 million worldwide, the film was considered a box office flop due to its $120 million budget (excluding marketing costs). Warner Bros. lost $74 million on the film, which received mostly negative reviews and was panned for its “uninspiring” plot and “lackluster” visuals before it was released in Dolby Cinema.
Release Date Geostorm
The movie was supposed to come out on March 25, 2016, but Warner changed the date to August 25, 2014, so that Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice could come out instead. On December 11, 2014, WB moved the release date of its live-action animated film Mowgli from March 25, 2016 to October 21, 2016 and gave its previous date, March 25, 2016, to Geostorm.
More to Read:
- Battle Through The Heavens Season 6: Premiere Date, Episode 1 Spoilers, Trailer, and Online Streaming Options
- My Dead Ex Season 2: When Can We Expect the Season 2 of the Series?
- Tidelands Season 2 Release Date, Cast, Plot: Is the Netflix Show’s Based on Novel?
In September 2015, the studio pushed the release date of the movie back again, from October 21, 2016, to January 13, 2017. In June 2016, the studio said the movie wouldn’t come out until January 13, 2017, instead of January 13. The movie came out in IMAX 3D.
Cast of Geostorm
- Jacob “Jake” Lawson, played by Gerard Butler, is a satellite designer and former ICSS commander.
- Hannah’s dad, Jim Sturgess, plays the role of Assistant Secretary of State.
- Max Lawson is Jake’s younger brother and Hannah’s uncle.
- Abbie Cornish plays U.S. Secret Service Agent Sarah Wilson, Max’s girlfriend.
- Ed Harris plays U.S. Secretary of State Leonard Dekkom.
- Andy García as U.S. President Andrew Palma
- Richard Schiff as Sen. Thomas Cross of Virginia
- Alexandra Maria Lara played Ute Fassbinder, the commander of the space station.
- DLR Astronaut Robert Sheehan played Duncan Taylor, a British crew member of the ICSS. UKSA Astronaut Eugenio Derbez played Al Hernandez, a Mexican crew member of the ICSS.
- AEM Astronaut Adepero Oduye played Eni Adisa, a Nigerian crew member of the ICSS.
- Astronaut Amr Waked as French crew member Ray Dussette from the ICSS and CNES Astronaut Daniel Wu as Cheng Long, who ran the Dutch Boy Program from Hong Kong.
- Max’s good friend Dana, played by Zazie Beetz, is an expert in cybersecurity.
- Hannah Lawson, the daughter of Jake and the niece of Max, is played by Talitha Bateman.
- She tells the story from the beginning to the end.
- Karl Dright is played by Billy Slaughter
- Tom Choi as Representative for China Lee
- Dr. Jennings is played by Mare Winningham
- Emmett Gregory is played by Jeremy Ray Taylor General Montgaff is played by Alan Williams.
- Chris Campbell as played by Drew Powell.
Plot of Geostorm
After multiple natural disasters in 2019, a multinational coalition commissions “Dutch Boy” climate-control satellites. After Dutch Boy neutralises a typhoon in Shanghai, a Senate subcommittee reprimands senior architect Jake Lawson for bringing Dutch Boy online without authorization and replaces him with his brother Max, who works for US Secretary of State Leonard Dekkom.
UN team in Registan Desert finds frozen settlement three years later. Makmoud Habib, an Indian engineer at the International Climate Space Station (ICSS), downloads Afghanistan satellite data onto a hard drive before his death. Max persuades Jake to examine the ICSS after encouraging President Palma to do so. A satellite creates fire whirls and building collapses in Hong Kong.
Jake visits the ICSS to investigate the damaged, data-wiped satellites. He works with station commander Ute Fassbinder and her crew of Eni Adisa, Duncan Taylor, Al Hernandez, and Ray Dussette. They find the hard disc but hide it from the crew, fearing a traitor, and analyse the data, leading to the revelation that a computer virus has been injected, causing problems and wiping out senior staff login access.
Jake tells Max he must reboot the system to remove the malware, which requires Palma’s kill code. ICSS staff knock out defective satellites with replacements.
Cheng Long warns Max of a “Geostorm” if they lose login access on Earth. Rogue government agents pursue Cheng to Washington, D.C., and kill him in a car accident, but not before he says “Zeus.” Max enlists his lover, Secret Service agent Sarah Wilson, to obtain the Project Zeus code. The ICSS team loses control as the virus activates the self-destruct programme.
Max realises Orlando is next when a hailstorm smashes Tokyo and an offshore cold snap hits Rio de Janeiro. Max asksfor Dekkom’s help, but Dekkom tries to kill him, revealing himself as the saboteur; Max tells Sarah. To safeguard Palma from Dekkom’s agents and get the murder code, the two abduct him.
Max explains their operations and Dekkom’s duplicity to Palma as they flee the arena. After outsmarting Dekkom’s mercenaries, the three arrest Dekkom and confront him about his plans to destroy elected officials in America’s line of succession, allowing him to govern the world while eliminating America’s foes. Max and Sarah take Palma to Kennedy Space Center to transfer the code, but the self-destruct mechanism cannot be stopped.
Jake concludes that Duncan is the traitor who masterminded Habib’s death and manufactured the storms on Dekkom’s orders and confronts him as other disasters strike around the world (including tornadoes in Mumbai, a massive heatwave in Moscow, and a megatsunami in Dubai).
Duncan joins Dekkom’s scam for the high compensation compared to his low software engineer wage. Jake mocks Duncan because if he doesn’t stop the Geostorm, he’ll have nowhere to spend his millions, but Duncan says he’s curious to see how the planet ends. Jake escapes, but Duncan ejects into space. Jake and Ute stay behind to reboot the system, eliminate the malware, and transfer satellite control to NASA, stopping the Geostorm.
Trailer of Geostorm