Shakur Stevenson Net Worth: Is He Dating His Girlfriend or Is He Single?
American boxer Ash-Shakur Nafi-Shahid Stevenson was born on June 28, 1997. He previously held the championships of WBO featherweight from 2019 to 2020, WBO super featherweight from 2021 to 2022, and WBC and The Ring super featherweight in 2022. Stevenson is a former world champion in two weight divisions.
He competed in the bantamweight division at the 2016 Summer Olympics for the United States as an amateur, earning a silver medal. Shakur is now rated as the best active super featherweight in the world by ESPN, BoxRec, and the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.
Shakur Stevenson’s Early Age
On June 28, 1997, Shakur Stevenson was born in Newark, New Jersey. Stevenson is the oldest of nine kids born to Shahid Guyton and Malikah Stevenson. He credits Andre Ward as an inspiration and started boxing at the age of five under the instruction of his grandfather, Wali Moses.
Along with his nine siblings, Shakur was raised. Similarly, he has Afro-American ancestry and is a citizen of the United States. A student at Princeton High School was Shakur Stevenson. However, he decided against going to college because he needed to give his boxing career his full attention.
What is the Net Worth of Shakur Stevenson?
According to reports, Shakur Stevenson’s net worth was $2.3 million in 2021. Stevenson had a highly good career when he was younger. In 2014, he won the Summer Youth Olympics and the AIBA Youth World Championships. Additionally, he won the Senior United States Olympic Trials in 2015.
Earning a spot on the American boxing team for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. In contrast, Stevenson lost the gold medal match in Rio to Robeisy Ramirez of Cuba, earning a silver medal instead. He earned the most medals for the United States among male athletes.
Is Shakur Stevenson Dating His Girlfriend or Is He Single?
His relationship status suggests that he is single. He is at the moment focusing on his career. He has kept his social media relationships a mystery. Due to a lack of information, we don’t know much about his prior relationships or engagements. According to a police report, Shakur Stevenson and David Grayton were involved in an altercation that happened in a South Beach parking garage.
The two combatants started fighting after making statements to a group of people in a parking garage, including two women at whom they made sexual innuendo. On July 1, 2018, Stevenson was detained and charged with a minor violent crime. On June 18th, 2019, he was given a year of probation, 50 hours of community service, and ordered to cover the victims’ medical expenses.
How Tall is Shakur Stevenson?
He is in excellent physical shape and is very healthy for a fighter. His appearance is completed by his Black hair and Brown eyes. He stands 5 feet 8 inches tall and 76 pounds.
Shakur Stevenson’s Professional History
- On February 9, 2017, Stevenson agreed to a promotional contract with Top Rank and turned professional. He was given Andre Ward as his manager. Stevenson eventually prevailed over American boxer Edgar Brito in his debut match as a professional, showcasing his agility, defense, and hitting power.
- Stevenson prevailed by a technical decision in the fifth round. In round 2, Brito received an unintentional headbutt that damaged his left eye. In round three, he lost a point for intentionally headbutting Stevenson. Brito’s own deliberate headbutts resulted in a gash over his right eye.
- The ringside medic eventually put an end to the conflict. Despite being in front on the scorecards of all three judges, he won every round.
- Stevenson made his Madison Square Garden debut on the undercard of Crawford vs. Diaz for the world light-welterweight championship.
- Additionally, Mexican Oscar Mendoza (4-2, 2 KOs) was named Stevenson’s challenger by Top Rank on November 20.
- The fight would take place on December 9, 2017, at the Madison Square Garden Theater, as the co-feature of Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux.
- Juan Tapia is Stevenson’s opponent in the year’s opening contest. The event was scheduled to occur on February 16 at the Grand Theater of the Grand Sierra Resort & Casino in Reno, Nevada.
- On the scorecards of all three judges, Stevenson easily defeated Tapia, winning 80-72. Following that, Stevenson improved his fight defense by jabbing and working to the body. He skillfully made use of the space, limiting Tapia to only a single punch at a time.